My Top 5 Sources of News and Information

 1. Fox News  
















Fox News is constantly playing on the TV at home; funny enough, my mom would make me sit and watch 1 hour of the news every day. Fox News is a conservative news network that I enjoy for current events and playful "news banter" among reporters and contributors. There is a segment on Fox called "The Five," which features 5 Fox News contributors who talk about current events, but in a more conversational way. It is a great way to hear about events from different points of view.



2. TikTok



I am not an advocate for TikTok being your primary news source because of its unreliable history; however, the majority of current events I hear about, I see first on TikTok. I spend an abnormal amount of time on the app and because of this, I see firsthand recordings and reactions about anything happening around the world; that, I am an advocate for. In our generation, everything is being recorded, so you are bound to see a picture, video, or audio about every current event being posted on TikTok. With that being said, I will always fact-check something I see from the app on a more fact-based reliable news source. 



3. Yahoo News



My go-to fact-checking news source is Yahoo News. It is a non-biased, quick news source that covers everything from big, national current events, to small, local articles... even about our own High Point University. It categorizes articles from world news, business news, op-eds, national news, etc. to make it easier for scanning and reading. These articles will almost always provide media (videos, pictures) and links to other articles and sources for a more in-depth story.



4. Fox 8 News



Fox 8 News is a source that I have used personally as well as for academic assignments in the past. It is a local news source that covers breaking news, weather, and sports in the Piedmont Triad of North Carolina. I mainly view articles pertaining to High Point University as it covers everything newsworthy about the school, no matter if it is negative or positive. I know I will always get the full story when I read Fox 8.






5. C-SPAN




C-SPAN is a go-to for my political news coverage because it is thorough and unbiased. Fun fact: this news source hasn't failed a certified fact-check in 5 years by mediabiasfactcheck.com. It also covers limited news about the governments in Canada, the UK, and Australia so I am able to get a little bit of worldly news along with my national news.


Comments

Popular Posts